Friday, October 7, 2011

Starting over

It's really difficult to start a blog post after not blogging for awhile. Im not really sure where or how to start again. So, I'm just going to start with this:

I read blogs daily. All types of blogs. My friends blogs, well-known blogs, decorating blogs, recipe blogs (skinny taste.com y'all!) but I also read blogs of complete strangers... I mean it's somewhat strange. I read blogs of people I don't know, but the stories of their lives entice me. I mean, just the other week I read someone's 2 year long blog. I read every .single .entry. I read about birthday dinners, decorating, cooking, a child's sickness, a ballgame, a snow day, halloween, thanksgiving, Christmas, valentines day, well you get the picture....so I thought to myself:

Self, remember that little blog you once started, you know the one you were going to use to document your son's life? The one that was going to be great and well- written and informative and awesome? Well, your son is 2 weeks shy of his first birthday, and you haven't posted since he was one month old! Shame!

So, I'm gonna try it again. I can't promise anything exciting or great. I can't promise eloquent words. I can't promise delicious recipes or home makeovers. I can't promise advice, inspiration, or guidance. But I want to be real. I want to be honest. I want to share my life.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! :)
    It's YOUR blog, so taking time off is okay. You write when you want to write and when you're inspired to write.
    As for reading strangers' blogs... you never know. I've made a lot of new friends (ones that I consider really close) that I've never actually met in real life. It sounds weird, but that's the fun of the blogging world. You meet all kinds of people, and you get to know them for them... their thoughts, ambitions, life... without ever actually meeting in person. Then one day, the stars all align and you DO get to meet. :) So yeah. Nothing weird about reading strangers' blogs at all.

    ReplyDelete