Sunday, October 30, 2011

Jack's First Birthday

This past weekend, my baby boy celebrated his first birthday with a baseball party.  We had the party set for Saturday afternoon in my in-laws backyard since they have much more yard than we do.  I had planned to have the party under a tent, with baseball decorations, food you find at a baseball game, and baseball themed games.


I just didn't anticipate the torrential downpour. or the freezing temperatures.  or the 95mph winds. 


Ok.  I'm totally exaggerating, but it was a little rainy, cold and windy.  For me, a planner who pictures how something is supposed to be and doesn't want that plan changed in any way, the weather was not what I had pictured. or planned.   I certainly didn't picture, or realize how cold it was going to be.  I mean, last year, when we brought Jack home from the hospital I was wearing flip flops.  I have pictures.  This year, I was wearing my winter coat, scarf, and cowboy boots.  


As someone who is extremely conscious of what I wear, my husband wears, and my son wears, I had those outfits planned too.  The weather just didn't allow for them.  We all had to wear winter coats.  I ordered Jack a monogrammed baseball shirt from etsy to wear, but wouldn't you know it, it didn't get here in time.  I ordered it at the end of September.  It was in the mailbox when we got home from the party....


Despite the rain, the cold, and the wind, the missing monogrammed shirts, the forced winter coats, the tent nearly collapsing numerous times throughout the afternoon, we had a party that is filled with wonderful memories, that although Jack may not remember, I will never forget.


Stay tuned....Pictures of the party are coming:)

No comments:

Post a Comment