Friday, December 2, 2011

The Thanksgiving Post I have been working on for over a week now..

I still can't seem to get this blog thing down.  I have very good intentions of blogging more often, but for some reason, it just doesn't seem to happen.

So, here is the post I have been trying to put together for nearly a week...

On Thanksgiving day, I was awakened extremely early, as in 4:20am, by a certain little someone.  I was none too pleased with being up this early because I was registered for my first EVER 5k that morning, and it started at 8AM.  I got the certain someone back to sleep, but I was up for the day.  I was nervous about the race.  For once in my life, I stuck to a workout regimen.  I completed all 9 weeks of the couch to 5k program, and I registered for my first ever race, the Wake Forest Gobbler's Run on Thanksgiving day.  You see, I have always had this picture in my head or maybe I should say in my dreams.  In the picture, I am a toned, athletic girl with very nice legs- you know the legs with definition of muscle- that can run forever.  I will probably  never be the girl in my picture, but I am doing starting the journey to get there.  I am a runner.   I have never been more proud of myself for anything as I was for finishing a race.  When I crossed that finish line, I felt accomplished.  I felt of worth.  I felt amazing.  I can see why people get addicted to racing.  My time wasn't the greatest, 38:20, but I am nonetheless extremely proud.  It can only get better.  I will finish the journey.

After the race, I came home and did some cooking. I made a yummy sweet potato casserole.  Paula Dean never disappoints.  (I was very glad I ran that race) We were headed to my in-laws for Thanksgiving day.  It was a blast.  We ate a lot of food, watched too much football, in my humble opinion, but it was great.  Jack had a wonderful time.

                                           Jack really enjoyed the appetizers.
                                           My cute little guy.
                                           playing with papa's tank.  He LOVED that thing!

                                            He loved hanging out with his cousin Olivia.

On Friday morning, we packed up and headed to Charlotte to visit my parents for the weekend.  We had a great time.  We ate another Thanksgiving meal, did some shopping, and celebrated my mom's 60th birthday.

                                           my mom and sister
                                           Yummy collard greens
                                            a southern Thanksgiving isn't complete without gravy
                                           my two lovely sisters
                                            playing with Uncle Dan
                                           Isn't my hubby handsome?
                                           Mom, celebrating her birthday:)  
                                           little monkey man
                                            Jack with Aunt Miriam and Uncle Dan
                                           Yummy turkey
                                         
                                            Pumpkin Pie
                                           Riding around on Thomas
                                           Thanksgiving toast
                                           With Mimi and Grandpa

It's so great to spend time with family.  I absolutely love seeing Jack play with his aunts, uncles, and grandparents.  It's precious.  I can't wait until Christmas!

Tomorrow, I am running my SECOND 5k with my sister Kaitlyn.  I just want to beat my first time by at least one second.  I hope to have some pictures of this race since we forgot the camera for my first race.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment