Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Questions



I saw this cute questionnaire and thought I'd give it a shot:)

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate with mini marshmallows:)  Is it weird that I've never had egg nog?  Something about the way it  sounds is not appetizing to me.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Growing up, we had both.  The bigger presents were always set out in our own little spots with our stockings, but we also had gifts under the tree.  I think Santa does whatever he wants:)
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White! Why do places always run out of white lights?  We went to get some more and Lowes and a Target were sold out!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, but I wish I did!
5. When do you put your decorations up? The beginning of December.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Well, this isn't really a dish, but I LOVE the peppermint Hershey kisses. I guess my favorite dish would have to be my mom's sweet potato casserole.  I really want some of those kisses right about now...
 7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? I have so many wonderful holiday memories with my family.  It is difficult to think of a particular one.  However, I do remember getting my first walk man (!!!)  with my Carman (A2J) and Amy Grant (Baby, Baby anyone?) tapes.  I remember feeling very grown up with that thing.  Also, I LOVE singing Silent Night with the lighted candles at Church.  So beautiful.  I tear up every single time.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I never really believed in Santa.  My parents never told us he was real or not real, they just focused on the significance of the birth of Jesus. I took Jack to see Santa today...more on that later. 
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We used to open a small gift on Christmas Eve right after the Christmas Eve service at church.  Now, we just open on Christmas day. But I guess it's time to start some of my own family traditions.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Well, I broke down and bought a fake tree.  I was tired of the pine needles that I find continuously in the months after Christmas.  I think that when I have a bigger house and older children, I would like to go back to the real tree thing, but I think the fake one looks pretty good. Boy are those things expensive!  I never knew.  Anyway, I use white lights, red and silver balls, and ornaments collected over the years.  I love pulling each one out and thinking of the memory it holds.    This year, it was fun to find all the "baby's first Christmas" ornaments Jack received last year.  We really do have quite a collection, and I love it.  I think I'm going to have to start putting up numerous trees in my house to hold all of the ornaments!
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? LOVE.  Something about snow is magical. 
12. Can you ice skate? Not well.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I can't really think of a favorite.  I remember getting my first bike and my first walkman like I mentioned earlier.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?  Spending time with loved ones.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Chocolate pecan pie!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? going to the Christmas Eve service at church all dressed up, singing Silent Night.  We used to always go over to My aunt and uncle's house after the Christmas Eve service, eat food, and hang out.  Those are some of my favorite memories. 
17. What tops your tree? I used to have a star, but it doesn't work on the fake tree.  I'm still looking.  I really want an angel!
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? both!  I LOVE shopping for other people and wrapping presents.  I love seeing them open the gifts.  I like presents though....not gonna lie:)
19. Candy canes: yuck or yum? Depends on my mood
20. Favorite Christmas movie? Elf, Christmas Vacation, The Holiday
21. Saddest Christmas song? probably that Christmas Shoes song...It gets me every time.
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? Silent Night or Away in a Manger. I sang those 2 songs to Jack EVERY.SINGLE.NIGHT last Christmas.  He was 2 months old around that time and I sang both of those over and over, especially during those 2, 3, and 4am feedings.  When I was little, I LOVED What Child is This?  I also really like to sing Jingle Bell Rock.

                                            Our Christmas tree this year.  After taking this picture, I realized the tree desperately needs a topper!
                                         PS - Don't you just LOVE babies in Christmas pajamas?  I could just eat him with a spoon!


No comments:

Post a Comment