Saturday, October 2, 2010

FULL TERM!!!

Today I am 37 weeks pregnant!!! I can't believe I only have 3 weeks (maybe more, maybe less) to go! I am starting to get so uncomfortable that I would like for Jack to go ahead and make his appearance, although I am thinking that's pretty unlikely. I believe I have started to "nest." Yesterday, I did all the baby laundry and cleaned the bathroom. Cleaning the bathroom is my least favorite chore, but yesterday I was on my hands and knees cleaning every inch of our bathroom. From the baseboards to the tiles in the shower, every inch was getting covered with a clorox wipe and windex. Unfortunately, our adorable black lab leaves little tiny black hairs everywhere, and I was determined to get every single hair off that floor, which was a task in itself. Cleaning the bathroom took a lot out of me, but at least it looks clean now. I just hope it stays that way.....

Fall is here!! I am so excited. I love the crisp autumn air, the pumpkins on the porch, the leaves starting to change...I love it. I also love the clothes... normally. Yesterday, I also made a trip to Old Navy. I wanted to see if they had any maternity clothes that I could use for the remainder of this pregnancy considering the temperature is starting drop, (I'm not complaining!) and most of my maternity clothes are too summery. I waddled my way to the back of the store and was completely disappointed. There were maybe 1 or 2 racks of clothes. 1 of which was the sale rack with all summer clothes. It was just sad. Especially when I looked around the rest of the store. Everything from cute cardigans to dresses to adorable chunky sweaters...all of which will not fit me right now, but oh did I want to buy everything there, and usually I don't even like Old Navy all that much. I guess I am just so ready to shop for normal clothes again. I left the store empty handed and somewhat depressed. Now I know all of this will be totally worth it. I know that I should try to enjoy these last weeks. I know that this is an amazing experience. But is it too much to ask to be able to buy some cute fall clothes while pregnant??

Well, fall is definitely in the air, so we opened our windows, and I discovered that the windows MUST BE CLEANED. I guess that nesting thing is still around. Stay tuned baby Jack should be making his appearance in the very near future!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I hope it's not too much longer for your sake! I SO remember that feeling of wanting to go shopping for cute stuff again, only to realize it was going to be awhile before I could. It's kind of a downer. Honestly, when I was at your stage, unless I had to be in public, I wore pj's and Brad's tshirts. I looked pretty frumpy, but at least it was comfortable and I didn't have to spend money on something I'd only be wearing for a couple more weeks.
    Good luck! At least it's getting cooler! :) Can't wait to see pictures when he comes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hailey! I wish all I could wear was pjs. They really are the only thing that feel somewhat decent. However, I'm still working and planning on working until my due date....If only the teaching profession didn't frown upon teaching in pajamas. BUT as soon as I come home from work I quickly change into stretchy pants and a big t-shirt. How long did it take you to get back to normal clothes? I know it doesn't happen overnight, but I realllllly hope it doesn't take to long:)

    ReplyDelete