Monday, September 13, 2010

5 weeks and 4 days until my due date

I haven't posted in QUITE a long time. To be honest, it's complete laziness. My computer is downstairs and my laptop isn't working. I can use my blackberry for most of my internet needs, (i.e facebook) so I don't usually use our home computer.

I can't believe how fast time is flying by. My son, James Jackson Ranieri, is due is 5 weeks and 4 days!! I am sooo excited! I am nervous, but lately, God has blessed me with a sense of peace about the whole labor thing (hopefully that will continue:)) We have decided to hire a doula, a wonderful lady who conducted our birthing class at Rex Hospital. She is so incredibly nurturing that I felt I just had to have her with me in the delivery room. We met with her last week to discuss my "birth plan." I don't really have a birth plan. I really feel like you just can't "plan" for something like labor and delivery. I wish you could. I would love to say I want to do this all naturally, but I know my pain tolerance, and it isn't high...

Jack's room is getting close to ready. We have painted, re-done the closet, set up the crib and changing table. Everything is coming together nicely, I just need to hang stuff on the walls, get some curtains, our glider, and a few other odds and ends. I hope to actually post pictures at some point (with my BEAUTIFUl new camera my wonderful husband got me for my birthday). I am also waiting for my sisters to help me finish up more of the decorating since they have more of an eye for that than I do.

I have returned back to work...and it's really tough being pregnant while teaching. I can usually make it until about 1:30, and then my back hurts tremendously, my feel start to swell, and I feel like I want to stretch out on my desk with a pillow, although I'm sure that would not get a very good reaction from anyone, students or administrators. So, right now, I take each day at a time. I tell myself that I am doing this for my precious son, my little Jack, my first-born.

Jack, your daddy and I can't wait to meet you!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe he's almost here! Time really has flown! You're so incredibly smart to realize you can't "plan" your birth. Plans change, and you have to be okay with that. It takes a lot of mama's awhile to figure that out. :)
    Good luck making it through the days! I remember working until about a week before I was due, and it was terrible! Hopefully it'll get better. Just try not to overdue it and drink lots of water to help with the swelling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. stooge, these are the most precious times:) so glad you updated your blog!! i look forward to reading more, and can't wait to meet jack. we realllllly need to get together before he comes, because life changes so quickly! BUT after he comes and you are feeling more up to it, it is PLAYDATE TIME!

    ReplyDelete