Wednesday, May 26, 2010

It's a BOY!!!

That's right...Jim and I are going to be proud parents of a son! I really can't believe it. I thought for SURE that I was going to have a girl. Of course, my husband had it right all along...which I don't get to say much:) We went to the doctor last Thursday. I couldn't wait. Neither of us could sleep the night before. We woke up bright and early and headed over to Duke Perinatal. Luckily, we were the first appointment. As soon as they called us back, I was suddenly nervous...the "what if" game started ringing in my ears. What if something is wrong? What if...what if...what if...
As soon as the ultrasound tech began the ultrasound, I saw my baby. I could not believe it. There really is a baby in there. My eyes filled with tears. That's my child!!!
As the ultrasound tech pointed out everything...heart, brain, legs etc, all I was thinking was IS EVERYTHING OK?? She said the doctor had to go over all that with us. The second thought running through my mind was...Well..is it a girl or a boy? Finally that moment arrived, and sure as day it was a boy. He was not shy:) Again, I became misty eyed (imagine that). I don't think I have ever experienced that much joy in one moment. Me, a mother. Me, a mother to a son.
Finally the doctor came in and told us that he was developing perfectly:):) What beautiful music to my ears. I think I could have stared at the ultrasound screen forever. I couldn't take my eyes off that wiggly worm inside of me. I even told Jim that I wished we could have one of those in our house. When we left, we wanted to tell EVERYONE!
I feel so incredibly blessed to be this little one's mom. I feel so overjoyed that I have a life growing inside of me. This is what I have always wanted. I have always wanted to be a mother; I believe it's God's plan for my life. I am so thrilled to be starting my family with the man God created for me as well. I have the best husband anyone could ask for, and I KNOW he will make the best father to this little boy. Only 20 more weeks until we get to meet this little guy!!

1 comment: