Sunday, January 29, 2012

Jack - 15 months

My boy is growing up!  He went from this:
(3months old)

To this:

At 15 months Jack is a bundle of energy.  I love watching his curiosity grow every day.  He is a social little thing.  He may not be walking yet, but my boy can talk!  I love hearing new words come out of his mouth almost every day now.  Here are some of the words he is saying:

  • mama
  • dada
  • da (dog)
  • mi (milk) which he also signs
  • ca (car)
  • tuck (truck)
  • papa 
  • pa (for Grandpa)
  • kaka (Aunt Kaitlyn)
  • te(tree)
  • bye bye
  • pay (play)
  • Toys
  • soes (Shoes)
  • teese (cheese) He takes after his father and LOVES cheese!
  • ba (Ball)
  • He knows the animal sounds for cow, sheep, bird, dog, bear (he loves to growl at us)
He loves having books read to him ( I'm so glad!)  He will find a book, crawl over to me, hand me the book and lift his arms for me to pick him up.  I treasure these moments.  Some of his favorite books are: "Goodnight Moon," "The Friendly Book,"  "Piglet's Mama," "My Handsome Boy."

I was going to be one of those "good" moms who doesn't allow TV watching for her toddler, but that's why I should never make proclamations like that (natural childbirth!  breastfeeding until 2! organic food only!) ...because it doesn't actually work (at least for me).  Ya'll, Micky Mouse Club House has saved my life, and sanity many times (probably too many).  HE LOVES that Mouse!  Just recently, Jack woke up from his nap screaming.  (He had an ear infection, but I didn't know it yet).  I tried rocking, food, milk, snuggling, going outside, books, toys, new toys he hadn't seen from his birthday, calling daddy on the phone, and you know what, the ONLY thing that got him to at least calm down was that darn Mickey Mouse.  So, thank you Mickey.  Thank you for saving my sanity. and letting me take a shower.  and letting me cook dinner.

Jack loves to be outside.  He will go over to the door and sign "more" when he wants to be taken outside. I am thankful that it has been seasonably warm lately; it has allowed for trips to the neighborhood park where we swing, play in the sand, and people watch.  Well, I do most of the people watching.  It's amazing what you can overhear in while sitting in a sandbox.  Craziness.





















I started Jack in a Mother's Morning Out program at a church in downtown Raleigh at the beginning of the month.  He goes 2 days per week and absolutely loves it.  They play, go on walks, and sometimes take them to the Raleigh Science Museum.  My child doesn't even bat an eye when I drop him off.  He immediately crawls right over to the toys and plays.  He doesn't cry.  at. all.  I'll admit, sometimes I wish he would just cry a little bit.  Sometimes I purposely linger at the door hoping for some sort of reaction. Just enough show that he really wants his mommy to be there with him.  I guess I just have an independent child, which I am grateful for, but I have also shed a tear over.  Is it weird that sometimes I wish my child would cry for me when I leave?  Is it weird that my 15 month old can sometimes hurt my feelings?  I'm the first to admit:  I have some acceptance issues:) 

My plan was to use these lovely 3 hours on these 2 days per week to have some "ME" time.  You know, take a shower by myself, work out without having to pack my child's bag, go to the grocery store without having to pack my child's bag and without having to worry about my child pulling food out of the cart and throwing it on the floor, maybe even go to the mall and be able to try on clothes in the dressing room, gasp!  But last month, I decided to accept a supervising positing at the YMCA.  I was already working 2-3 days per week simply as a means to make a little extra money and get out of the house, now I am working 5 days a week in the Y nursery taking care of other people's children while they exercise and take showers by themselves. However, it's a pretty sweet deal because on the days Jack doesn't go to school, he comes with me to the Y.  He loves it there too.  I'm still getting used to working a job with responsibilities AND take care of my child at the same time in the same space, but I am grateful.

I am loving this stage with Jack.  I'm not going to lie and say that I haven't asked the pediatrician (2 times) why my son isn't walking yet, but I know he will.  He will do it in his own time, which I am sure will make it all that more special.   I can't wait to see it!  

I love you baby boy!  I am so proud of you!  - Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment